If you want to learn more about this release and what it has in store for your smartphone, then you check our news article here.
For this tutorial to be completed successfully you will first need to take a look at the preparation info below. Here’s what you have to know before getting to the tutorial part of this poss:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 model number SM – G7102.
– check the model number under Settings> About Phone.
– if SM-G7102 version is not listed then this guide will not work with your phone.
– don’t try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this article.
- install the Samsung USB Drivers for your PC from here.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
– in case Developer Options menu doesn’t show up in Settings, then you will be forced to enable this one first.
– here’s a guide that teaches you how to enable both USB Debugging and Developer Options for Galaxy S5, but it works with all Android devices.
- disable Samsung KIES from running on your PC.
– disable all antivirus applications, too.
– these applications will block ODIN, that’s the app that you will use in order to flash the new ROM.
- if your Galaxy Grand 2 DUOS device is rooted, then you will lose root access.
– if you have a custom Recovery installed, then you will have it replaced with a Stock Recovery.
- any device running a custom ROM will have its system partition wiped in the process.
– the internal and external storage won’t be affected by the update.
– after you complete installation with ODIN you will be forced to apply a ‘factory reset’ if you did install a custom ROM on your Grand 2 DUOS device.
– do not apply factory reset for devices that are running stock Android firmware as it is not necessary.
- if you want to save data from installed apps or some SMS text messages, then you should follow the info listed here.
- sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any step that is listed in the tutorial.
- this is a tutorial that has to be follow by advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you end up losing any important data in the process.
- check the device’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the phone from switching off during the installation process.
- in case you cannot complete the guide, then you should try to use the comments field in order to leave detailed info about the steps you took. We will try to come up with a viable solution for whatever problem you might encounter.
Now that you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.