Here we have this easy to follow tutorial that helps to repair bricked Galaxy J5 with stock firmwareand you can flash stock in many other cases like, if you are facing performance issues, unusual crashes and bugs, in such case you can downgrade the device to rectify them all.
Before we get started, read all the important pre-requisites mentioned below:
- Firstly, I would like to inform you that flashing the stock firmware will wipe out the complete memory of the device and stored data will be wiped out completely and it cannot be restored. If possible, save all the important data to some safe place.
- If you’ve installed custom Rom or Custom recovery, it will be removed and replaced with stock firmware and stock recovery.
- Root access will be revoked if rooted. However, you can easily root it again.
- Make sure to install USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy J5 on your PC. Download them fromhere.
Download the firmware file from below links for your device’s model and make sure to download them according to your region/country.
- Lollipop 5.1.1 Firmware for GALAXY J5 SM-J500FN | Download
- Lollipop 5.1.1 Firmware for GALAXY J5 SM-J500F | Download
Note: After downloading the firmware (.zip file), extract it get firmware files and remember their name and location on your PC / Computer.
- Download Fimware flashing software: Odin 3.0.9 from here and unzip it to your PC/ Computer.
How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy J5 with stock firmware
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold ‘Volume Down, Home and Power buttons’ at same time and release them when you see Android Logo with warning!
- Now press ‘Volume UP’ to get in to Download mode.
- Now head onto PC, from extracted Odin folder, look for Odin3.0.9.exe file and run it. An Odin screen will appear just like below: